Saturday, August 31, 2013

Facing Your Fears

Facing Your Fears
 
What are you afraid of: problems, failure, sickness, death, loneliness, enemies…?
 
My greatest fear is failure: failing God, failing my family, failing my church family, failing at work…
 
What makes us afraid of these things?
 
I believe one significant element of fear is a fleshly response to the unknown.  
 
We fear the unknown outcomes of existing, anticipated or imagined:
  • Problems/Challenges
  • Threats/Attacks
  • Sickness/Disease
  • And so much more.
 
We ‘fill in the blank’ of the unknown with fear when we should:
  • Trust in the foreknowledge of God.
  • Have faith in His plans and purposes.
  • Fill in the blanks with faith in Him!!!!
 
Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
 
When you recognize that fear is forming in you:
  • Seek Him First!
    • Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
  • Seek Him Wholeheartedly!
    • Jeremiah 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
  • Seek Him Diligently
    • Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
 
Face your fears while focusing on God!
 
Prayer
 
Loving Father, I confess that sometimes I let my fears control my thoughts, attitudes, desires and actions. I beg You to forgive me for showing how little I trust in You some times. I know that I know that Your Word is true and that You are faithful to Your promises. Please empower me through Your Holy Spirit to live out the faith You have given me. Enable me to focus on You regardless of what I am facing. Help me to trust in You even when everything thing in my flesh is causing me to doubt. Fill in my blanks with faith. I love You, I praise You, and I worship You in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.