Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace! The prophet Isaiah foretold of Jesus’ coming and His gift of peace more than 400 years before Jesus was born!
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Jesus desires for us to have perfect peace in and through Him.
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Read more of Jesus’ Words about His peace as found in Chapter 14 of the Gospel of John. Those who have surrendered all that they are to Jesus can experience His peace by knowing, understanding, believing, applying and focusing on these truths.
- John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
- Jesus is coming back for those who follow Him.
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- Jesus is the only way to reconciliation with Father God.
- John 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
- Father God has been revealed through Jesus Christ.
- John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
- When we pray in the authority and power of Jesus’ name, and within the will of Father God, our prayers will be answered.
- See John 15:7, 1 John 5:14-15 for additional context about praying in God’s will.
- John 14:15-16 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—
- Jesus promises the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit for His disciples.
- John 14:19-20 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
- Jesus promises His followers eternal life and the indwelling presence of Father God.
Peace is a central theme in the Bible. As followers of Jesus, His peace is a key element of our lives.
- Romans 5:10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
- We have peace with Father God – He has adopted us as His children because of our faith in Jesus!
- Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
- We have peace within ourselves – Through Jesus’ sacrifice, we know that all our sins have been forgiven.
- Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
- We should seek peace with all people – As ambassadors for Jesus, we are to represent and demonstrate the love He has for all people.
Seek truth in God’s Holy Word about real and lasting peace.
Learn more about the peace found only in the Prince of Peace!
Father in heaven, thank You so much for Your love for us. Thank You for teaching us about the peace we can find in Jesus Christ. Please use Your Holy Spirit to help Christians experience this peace daily. Please draw those who have not surrendered to Jesus as Lord and Savior to believe and receive the wonderful gift of eternal life and genuine peace. I pray these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.