I believe that a man named Jesus Christ was sent from Father God to live on the earth about 2000 years ago. I believe that he was conceived and born of a virgin by a divine work of the Holy Spirit of God. I believe that He was fully human. I believe that He was fully God (God in the flesh/the Son of God). I believe that He performed countless miracles during His life. I believe he never sinned. I believe that the Jewish leaders convinced the Roman and other authorities in Palestine to kill Him. I believe that Jesus died a on a cross to pay the debt for my sin. I believe He rose from the dead three days after He died. I believe that He spent time with many of His disciples after He rose from the dead. I believe that, before He ascended into heaven, He commissioned His followers to share the truth about Him with the entire world. I believe He is now seated at the right hand of Father God in heaven. I believe that He will come again to gather and take to heaven those who have trusted in Him. I believe I will spend eternity in heaven with Him.
Having not seen Him, I believe all these things about Him. And because of what I believe about Jesus, most of the world believes that I am foolish, simple-minded, irrational, deceived, hypocritical, etc. Why? Because the world says that, ‘Seeing is believing.’
But the Christian Bible (the Word of God) teaches us that followers of Jesus believe in Him without seeing Him.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
The Bible also teaches us that without this kind of faith, we cannot please God.
- Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
After rising from the dead, Jesus told one of His disciples that those who believe (that He rose from the dead) without seeing are blessed.
- John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
My beliefs about Jesus are by faith. My faith comes through hearing the Word of God.
- Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
My faith in who Jesus is and what He has done is how I am reconciled to Father God (saved from his wrath).
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
My faith in Jesus is a precious gift from Father God. Through faith, He assures me that the unseen things I learn about in the Bible are real.
- Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Though I have not seen Jesus, I love Him. My trust in Him brings me glorious, unspeakable joy!
- 1 Peter 1:8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
Do you have faith in Jesus?
If not, diligently seek Him!
Father in Heaven, my Lord, my God, my King, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ that you will give the gift of saving faith to those who will believe it and receive it. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Amen.