Everybody is looking for something. What is it that you desire more than anything else? Do you know where to look for it? Do you have any idea where it might come from?
- Psalm 121:1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help?
The question that really needs to be asked is, ‘Is what you are looking for what you really need?’
When it comes down to it, from an eternal perspective, there are three things that every person needs.
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
- Faith – We all need something we can count on in this life. There is no greater truth and no higher power than Jehovah, the God of the Bible. We must trust in Him with all that we are.
- Isaiah 45:22 “Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
- Hope – We all need something that keeps us going in this life. Regardless of how desperate things may seem, we must have confident assurance in His righteous, sovereign rule.
- 2 Chronicles 20:12 O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”
- Love – We all need something that assures us we are highly valued. That something is the perfect love of God. He loves us so much, that He came to earth, lived a sinless life, and died on a cross to pay our sin debt – even when we didn’t deserve it or know we needed it. In order to spend eternity in heaven with Him, we must reciprocate His love by turning to Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
- Jude 1:21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
There is One and only One Who can meet our ultimate needs – the self-existent eternal creator of all things!
- Psalm 121:1-2 I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? 2 My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.
Have Faith in Him!
Find Hope through Him!
Experience Love from Him and for Him!
Father, please reveal Yourself through the absolute truth of Your Word to those who don’t know You as Lord and Savior. Draw them through faith, encourage them in hope and transform them with love. Help them see their need for You above all else. I humbly ask these things in the name of my Savior, Jesus. Amen.