Where You Walk
God created us to be in relationship with Him. But because sin has broken that relationship, Christ is the only way to be reconciled to God. From the beginning, God has called humanity to walk with Him. Have you answered His call? Have you responded to His love? Have you heeded His warnings? Where do you walk?
God’s desires for us to walk in His ways.
- Psalm 81:13 “Oh, that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!
- Ephesians 4:1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
God has given the assurance of blessings for those who walk with Him.
- Psalm 128:1 Blessed is every one who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways.
- James 1:25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
He has also assured the destruction of those who don’t walk with Him.
- Psalm 37:1-2 Do not fret because of evildoers, Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. 2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb.
- Philippians 3:18-19 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.
God is not going to force you to walk with Him – it takes dedication and desire on your part.
- Psalm 119:101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word.
- Hebrews 12:1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
But you must also ask God to empower and enable you – because we can’t faithfully walk with Him based on our own abilities and aspirations.
- Psalm 119:133 Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me.
- 1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
The more we walk with God, the more we reflect His character. Although we will never be God, our goal is to be like Him.
- Leviticus 19:1-2 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy.
- Ephesians 5:1-2 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
Jesus Christ has made a way for sinful man to walk with God as His beloved children. Pray that God will draw you close to Himself.
Where you walk defines who you are and where you will spend eternity.
Holy Father in Heaven, please reveal Yourself and Your love to those who are not walking with You. Help any that do not know Christ as Lord and Savior to see the truth of Your Word. Where You walk is where we need to be. I humbly and boldly pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.