Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
- It is easy to develop tunnel vision with a verse of scripture. I had gotten to the point that every time I read or said Psalm 19:1, I pictured myself laying in the middle of a field, late at night, far from any city lights, enjoying the magnificent view of the heavens! But recently, through a series of circumstances topped off with His perfect timing, God opened my eyes to also think about this verse in relation to each sunrise and sunset.
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
- Honestly, I spend way too much time worrying about things. One area of worry is tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day… I must learn to trust Christ and focus on Him. It is certainly not wrong to plan ahead (Luke 14:28), but worrying excessively about the future shows a lack of trust in Christ.
Psalm 30:5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.
- Each day brings a new start. Even if your circumstances haven’t changed, your attitude will if you are focused on God and trusting in Him.
- Each new day brings:
- Temptations to be resisted
- Trials to be endured and overcome
- The fulfillment of promises
- Opportunities to receive and to give blessings
- Hope to be realized
James 4:14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
- You are not promised another day of life in this world. If you are Christ’s, you have eternal life. But there are no guarantees how long you have this side of heaven! And if you are not a Christian, don’t make the mistake of thinking you are guaranteed another day before you face judgment!
2 Corinthians 6:2 For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
- Every beautiful sunrise and sunset is a masterpiece of God. Sometimes He uses these to reveal Himself to you.
- Each day is gift: unwrap it, enjoy it, live it.
- If you have not surrendered your life to Christ, DO IT NOW. You are not promised another day or another chance. He loves you!
- If you are a Christian and are being disobedient to God, repent (turn back to Him). He is waiting for you! He still loves you!
Father, I thank You for the gift of each new day. And what a blessing when You wrap a new day between a glorious sunrise and a breathtaking sunset. Forgive me when I worry about tomorrow instead of trusting You. Forgive me when I start the day with a bad attitude instead of focusing on You. May Your Word and Your Truth draw many to salvation in Christ today! In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.