When you are in search of an answer, to get the information you want or need, you have to ask the right question(s). I have heard it said that at some point most people will, in one form or another, ponder three fundamental questions: Where did I come from? Why am I here? What happens when I die?
Thankfully the Bible truthfully and accurately answers these questions!
Question 1: Where did I come from?
- Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- Psalm 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
- Biblical Answer: God is the creator of all life. God not only created the first man and woman, He created the entire human race. Every single human life is a gift from God; intentionally and personally made by Him.
Question 2: Why am I here?
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.”
- Biblical Answer: You are here to glorify God. All you think, desire, say and do should be for His glory!
Question 3: What happens to me when I die?
- Matthew 25:46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
- Acts 24:15 I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.
- Biblical Answer: After you die you will spend eternity in Heaven or hell. Heaven means eternity in the presence of God; a sinless, perfect paradise. Hell means suffering the wrath of God; physical, emotional and spiritual suffering without end.
How do I get to Heaven?
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to live a sinless life, to die on a cross to pay for our sins and then rise from the dead.
- For more about salvation is Jesus Christ:
- Read the ‘Easter is Good News’ post on this site (April 19, 2014)
- Start reading the Bible (the book of John is a great place to start)
- Start attending a Bible believing Christian Church
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven. You must understand who He is, believe what He did and then make a decision to accept His gift of salvation and surrender your life to His Lordship.
- Matthew 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
- There is no middle ground. You are either for Christ or against Him. Don’t delay in seeking Him out. Don’t delay your decision to accept Him. You are not promised tomorrow.
Dear Lord, gracious Father, You have the answers to every question. Please move in the hearts of those who need salvation in Christ. Send them Your Word. Reveal Yourself and Your truth to them. Bring forth a Christian who can disciple them. I love You and I thank You for Your goodness, mercy and love. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.