As the Nation of Israel was preparing to enter and conquer the Promised Land, God used Moses to remind them of what they had been through, prepare them for what was to come, and to impress on their hearts and souls that nothing in their past, present or future was left to chance. God is always in control!!!
- Deuteronomy 4:9 Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren,
- To honor God, and so that you won’t forget, intentionally recount and remind yourself of the wonderful things God has done for you throughout your life; and then encourage others by telling them about it.
- Deuteronomy 8:2 And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.
- To reveal what is really in your heart, God puts you in situations to humble and test you; not so He can find out the results (He already knows), but so that you can discover who you really are.
- Deuteronomy 8:3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
- Through the blessings and trials of life, it’s not the temporary things that really matter; but God’s Will and His Word that rule over our earthly and eternal existence!
- Deuteronomy 8:16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end
- Even as we face the consequences of our sin, God is merciful; He is working all things together for the good of those who love Him and are set apart for His Glory!
Not only is our God always in control, but He is always guiding things according to His plan. And His plan is always for our benefit (whether it feels like it or not).
- Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Lean on God. Be honest with Him about your frustrations, hurts, doubts, worries and confusion. He understands our weakness, but desires us to trust in His sovereignty. Whatever your situation, God is bigger!