Sunday, July 15, 2018

For I AM, Am I Willing To…

For I AM, Am I Willing To…


In Exodus chapter 3, in response to Moses’ asking for His name, the God of the Bible referred to Himself as ‘I AM’.
  • Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
In this name, the only true God, existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, identified himself as both self-existent (He was not created) and eternal (He has no beginning and no end). But He is not a distant, uncaring God. Our heavenly Father has revealed Himself and His love for us in countless ways.


He Created Us
With love and care, Father God intentionally and purposefully made each one of us.
  • Psalm 100:3 Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. 

He Protects Us
With wisdom and power, the Lord shelters those who turn to Him.
  • Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

He Forgives Us
With compassion and mercy, Jehovah God pardons the sins of the repentant.
  • Psalm 86:5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

He Frees Us
With the shed blood of Jesus Christ, I AM delivers the souls of those who have faith in Him.
  • Psalm 34:22 The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ. I have surrendered my life to the truth of His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension. Jesus is my Lord, my Savior and my God. He is the bridge between me and Father God – the one and only way by which my sins have been forgiven and my relationship with God has been reconciled. But as much as I love him, as much as I long to please Him, I wonder, if for I AM, am I willing to:


Submit
Do I completely trust in this Savior that I cannot see and these truths that I may not fully comprehend?
  • John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed, Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Surrender
Do I always consider Father God’s standards, desires and plans as I make decisions?
  • Matthew 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

Serve
Do I joyfully prioritize other people’s needs ahead of my own?
  • Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Suffer
Do I unconditionally put my personal comfort, possessions, freedoms and/or life at risk for His glory and purposes?
  • 2 Timothy 3:12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.


Do I completely, always, joyfully and unconditionally live for Christ? The honest answer is no. But I want to. I long to.

Thankfully, the liberating truth of the gospel is, Jesus had to die on the cross. I am incapable of living a perfect life. That is what He did. And that is why, when I put my trust in Him, His shed blood pays my sin debt.
  • Galatians 2:21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”
  • Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
  • Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

For I AM, I am willing to:
  • Depend on His perfection, righteousness, faithfulness and strength, not my own!
  • Acknowledge my deficiencies and shortcomings as I confidently trust Him for the forgiveness of them!
  • Resist the temptation to give up the fight – for He never once gave up on me!
  • Persevere in this walk with Him – because He gives me the desire and ability to do so!
  • Trust that His Word and His promises are true!
  • Honor Him by being honest, humble, repentant, forgiving, loving, kind and merciful!
  • Learn as I go – I am a work in progress.

Prayer

My Lord and King, help me trust in You, not in myself. Teach me to submit, surrender, serve and suffer in Your strength and goodness, and always for Your glory. I pray that my life will point others to You. Thank You for being the gracious, merciful, just and loving Father that You are. I pray these things in the name of Your Son and my Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.