Saturday, January 27, 2018

Drastic Measures

Drastic Measures


We are at war: spirit vs flesh, righteousness vs wickedness, and light vs dark. And for the combatants in this war, the stakes are very high: eternal life in Heaven vs eternal death in Hell. As a soldier of light (follower of Jesus), how far are you willing to go to become the amazing ambassador warrior God has called you to be? Do your prayers express the urgent need for extreme change in your life; change that can only occur as God’s Truth and Spirit continually and radically remake you to be more like Christ? Desperate times call for drastic measures.

Are you actively dealing with the sin in your life? Are you asking Father God to give you victory over the struggles and stumbling blocks that inhibit your faithful service to Him?

I am consistently and desperately asking Him to:

Destroy My Pride
That You might lift me up!

When I elevate myself, I become useless as a weapon to God. But when I lay myself at His feet, He wields me as a mighty weapon of war. How does my pride hinder His use of me?
  • 1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Crush My Rebellion
Because I cannot bear the weight of my sin!

When I fight against my Savior King, my sin brings His correction. As a soldier for Christ, I must surrender all I am to Him. How am I rebelling against the One who died for me?
  • Proverbs 17:11 An evil man seeks only rebellion; Therefore a cruel messenger will be sent against him.

Denounce My Doubt
So that my desire to know You brings honor!

Trust in God is one of our greatest weapons in the battles of this life. To accomplish His purposes, I must believe in Him. I must always seek His wisdom, instruction, love and blessings. In this there is honor. Do I trust Him completely?
  • Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Eradicate My Fear
That I may grow in Your love!

My flesh may be weak, but in Christ, my spirit is strong and willing. In His love, I will not succumb to fear. Fear is ejected from my life as I grow in His love. How is fear impacting my effectiveness as a soldier for Christ?
  • 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Drown My Worry
Or else it will engulf me!

If I am overwhelmed by my worries about tomorrow, I will be useless in the battles He has planned for me today. My worries must be buried under the mountain of His promises. Is my worrying diminishing my usefulness?
  • Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Extinguish My Complaining
Lest the smoke from its flames obscure Your light!

A disgruntled Christian brings shame to the army of God. Bad attitudes are like thick smoke that makes it hard to see the light of God’s truth. Do my words and attitudes bring darkness where there should be light?
  • Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

Sever My Selfishness
As You bond me to others through selflessness!

While a selfish soldier will risk nothing for the benefit of others, brotherly bonds are built on the self-sacrifice of those who put other’s needs ahead of their own. Who is suffering because of my selfishness?
  • Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

Weed Out My Laziness
It works in me to produce only a harvest of shame!

There is no place for laziness in war. The enemy is always searching for any opportunity to lie, kill and destroy. What doors have I left open to the enemy by the things I have left undone?
  • Proverbs 24:30-31 I went by the field of the lazy man, And by the vineyard of the man devoid of understanding; 31 And there it was, all overgrown with thorns; Its surface was covered with nettles; Its stone wall was broken down.

The nature of humans is to sin (miss the mark of God’s principles, standards and requirements) – that never changes. Seek the Lord in prayer and Bible study. Identify the areas of your life that need to change. Beg him to annihilate the sinful ways in your life. Surrender all that you are to Him and the powerful working of His Holy Spirit. Be a faithful, obedient and effective soldier for Christ. Witness His love and power in your service, sacrifices and relationships.


Prayer

Cleanse me, Father, of any persistent sin, that I may serve You well. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, so that my life brings You glory. Use me according to Your plans and purposes, for You are my Lord and Master. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for making a way for me to be reconciled to You. May Your will be done in all things. I humbly pray these things in the name above every name, Jesus Christ. Amen.