Sunday, July 16, 2017

The LORD Is On Your Side


The LORD Is On Your Side


Do you ever feel that everyone and everything is against you? The friends you trusted have betrayed you, the family you depended on is rejecting you, the money you counted on is gone, the health you enjoyed has begun to fail you, society has turned its back on you…

You are not alone!
  • Psalm 19:4-5 The pangs of death surrounded me, And the floods of ungodliness made me afraid. 5 The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me.

What do you do when there is no one to turn to? How do you survive when the world around you is falling apart? What option do you have when your back is against the wall?

Cry out to God!
  • Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.

When you are broken, humble yourself before the One who made you. Take your needs and requests to the One who loves you. Your Heavenly Father is longing for you to reach out to Him.

He is waiting for you!
  • Psalm 116:1-2 I love the LORD, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

As a follower of Jesus Christ, you are a child of God. As a child of God, the Holy Spirit of God lives in you. With God Himself living in you, you can overcome any obstacle.

Experience His love, truth and power!
  • 1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

When God is on your side, it really doesn’t matter who is against you. What He has planned for you is good and right. It may not be what you expect. It may not be what you want. But it is best.

Find your strength, comfort and peace in His plans for you!
  • Psalm 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
  • Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?


If you don’t know Father God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, cry out to God for salvation. He is on your side, but you must surrender your entire life to Him.
  • Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If you are already a follower of Jesus, but have fallen into a lifestyle marred by sin, confess your sins and be restored in relationship with Him. He is on your side, but you must deal with the sin in your life.
  • 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If you are walking with God daily and serving Him faithfully, lift up praises to His holy name and let your life be a light that glorifies Him. He is on your side, but you must stay in a right relationship with Him.
  • Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.


Prayer

Father, Your Word makes clear that you do not desire for anyone to perish. May Your Holy Spirit draw many to You through faith in Jesus Christ. Help every person see that You are on their side. I humbly pray these things in the name of my Savior Jesus. Amen.