Sunday, March 5, 2017

A God Pleasing Life Requires Faith

A God Pleasing Life Requires Faith


As a follower of Jesus Christ, I strongly desire to live in a way that is pleasing to my Heavenly Father. In His loving and gracious ways, He doesn’t leave us guessing as to what He demands from and desires for us. And thankfully, what He requires today is exactly what He has always required; God doesn’t change (see Malachi 3:6). Therefore, scripture from both the Old and New Testaments can help me understand what kind of person God has called and empowered me to be.
  • Deuteronomy 10:12-13 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good?
  • Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Living a life that satisfies God’s demands of me
requires a faith that doesn’t take me outside of
what He desires for me.



God pleasing faith is more than just believing – it changes who we are and what we do!

God pleasing faith is not arbitrary – it demonstrates Godly character!


Faith Without Reverence is Deluded
Respect for God is a prerequisite for growing in Godly wisdom and understanding.
  • Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Faith Without Godliness is Deviant
Righteous living is an outward testimony to the inner changes of the heart, soul and mind.
  • Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,

Faith Without Love is Deficient
Perfect love (see 1 Corinthians 13) for God and others is a result of saving faith and salvation in Christ.
  • Psalm 116:1 I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

Faith Without Works is Dead
God saves, empowers and gives spiritual gifts to His children so they can share His truth and love with the world.
  • James 2:17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Faith Without Obedience is Defiant
You can try to justify or excuse deliberate sin; but disobedience indicates a rebellious and ungrateful attitude.
  • John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.

God pleasing faith leads us to be in awe of God, virtuous, loving, productive and obedient.

Is your faith in God transforming your life? Are you living a in a way that is pleasing to Him?


Prayer

Holy Father in Heaven, Your love, grace, mercy, patience, kindness, and so much more are awe inspiring and life transforming. I pray that the faith that You have given is embraced and fully utilized by those who have received it. Help us to live lives that are pleasing and honoring to You. Empower us to fulfill Your call on our lives. May Your Spirit guide and teach us as we walk with You daily. I ask these things in the name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.