Sunday, August 9, 2015

Thinking of You Thinking of Me

Thinking of You Thinking of Me


Do ever wonder what God thinks about? After all, He:

Made everything.
  • Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Determined how everything He made works.
  • Psalm 119:90-91 Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides. 91 They continue this day according to Your ordinances, For all are Your servants.
Sovereignly rules over everything He made.
  • Psalm 103:19 The Lord has established His throne in heaven, And His kingdom rules over all.
Exists amongst all His creation.
  • Jeremiah 23:24 Can anyone hide himself in secret places, So I shall not see him?” says the Lord; “Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the Lord.
Knows everything.
  • Psalm 147:5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.
Makes decisions and acts in ways beyond our understanding.
  • Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!



Yet with all He is and all He does, the Lord loves us very deeply.
  • John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


And as our perfect Heavenly Father, He is never too busy for us.

He thinks innumerable thoughts about us.
  • Psalm 40:5 Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered.
Despite the vastness of the universe, He never forgets us.
  • Psalm 8:3-4 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, 4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
When we are in tough situations, He is still thinking of us.
  • Psalm 40:17 But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God.
When we have been disobedient, He is thinking of better days to come.
  • Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
He is actively engaged in all the happenings of His creation; but He thinks about the smallest details of your life.
  • Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.


Knowing that God is thinking about me is humbling and uplifting. I pray that you are encouraged to know He is thinking about you too.


Prayer

Holy Father, thinking of You thinking of me is almost overwhelming. You know my every thought and need. You love me more than I can understand. How I look forward to spending eternity in Your presence. I praise You for Your goodness and thank You for Your patience, mercy, grace and love. Thank You for telling us in Your Word that you are thinking of us. Help us to be thinking of You and diligently seeking You every single day. I pray these things in the name of my Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.