Saturday, August 15, 2015

Thank You My Friend

Thank You My Friend


Although it’s sometimes hard for me to think of Jesus as my friend, that is just spiritual immaturity on my part. He made very clear that we are His friends!
  • John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
And just as the old saying goes, ‘A friend in need is a friend indeed’, I had, have and will have many needs. But being the perfect Friend, Savior, Lord, and King that He is, Jesus has met and continues to meet my every need!

Dear Jesus:
 
Thank You My Friend; for:
  • Humbling Yourself for Me
    • Philippians 2:7-8 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
  • Living a Sinless Life for Me
    • Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
  • Telling Me Clearly Who You Are
    • John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
    • John 10:30 I and My Father are one.”
  • Preparing a Place for Me
    • John 14:2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
  • Promising to Come for Me
    • John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
  • Praying for Me
    • John 17:20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
  • Telling the Truth for Me
    • John 18:37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
  • Dying on a Cross for Me
    • Luke 23:44-46 Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 Then the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in two. 46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’” Having said this, He breathed His last.
    • Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
  • Defeating Death for Me
    • Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
  • Making Me Righteous Before God
    • 2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
  • Loving Me
    • Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
  • Forgiving My Sins
    • 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
  • Saving Me from God’s Wrath
    • Romans 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
    • Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
  • Indwelling Me
    • John 14:20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
  • Strengthening Me with Your Power
    • 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
  • Lightening My Load
    • Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
  • Giving Me Peace
    • John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Jesus’ love, grace and mercy are beyond our comprehension. And as our eternal Friend, He has done, and continues to do, more for us than we know or could possibly imagine.

Have you stopped and thanked Him today
for all He has done for you?
 
Praise Him!
 
Love Him!
 
Thank Him!


Prayer

Jesus, my Lord and Savior, I thank You for all You have done for me. Although I see and experience countless blessings from You, I also know there are many more that I am not aware of. Although far short of what You deserve, please accept my praise, love and gratitude. You are the perfect Friend. Help me to live a life that honors You and shows my appreciation for what You have done, are doing and will do. I love You Lord Jesus and I pray in Your Holy Name. Amen.