Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Lights

Christmas Lights
 
Celebrating the birth of Christ is a joyous occasion. But for those without Christ, Christmas may be just another opportunity for vainly attempting to fill the emptiness inside with pleasures, distractions and possessions. Most everyone celebrating at this time of year, Christians and non-Christians alike, can face the added stresses of juggling schedules, yearend deadlines, traffic, traveling, etc.
 
Christmas is a great opportunity to let the light of Christ shine through regardless of the circumstances.
  • Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
Your attitudes, words and actions speak volumes to others about your relationship with Jesus Christ. So, wherever your holiday travels and traditions take you, whether your days are jubilant or jumbled, be sure to keep your priorities straight and your testimony intact.
 
Regardless of how stressed and stretched you get, be sure to:
  • Make Time for Church, Bible Study and Prayer
    • Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
    • Matthew 14:23 And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there.
  • Remain Humble
    • Luke 14:11 For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
  • Put Other’s Needs Ahead of Your Own and Stay Pure
    • James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Remember that you have the gift that everyone needs.
  • The Lost for Salvation
  • The Saved for Sanctification
  • The Discouraged for Hope
  • The Joyful for Appreciation
Be a Christmas Light to everyone you encounter during the holidays!
 
 
Merry Christmas to all and may all be a light!
 
 
Prayer
 
Dear Lord in Heaven, You have empowered me to be a light in this world. Forgive me when my attitude doesn’t reflect the nature and truth of Christ. Strengthen me when I am weak, give me courage when I am afraid, comfort me when I am hurting, lift my spirits when I am down, bring peace when I am irritated: all for Your glory. Help me to show Your love and share Your truth. May Christ, the reason for Christmas, be my focus and motivation throughout the year. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.