Saturday, October 26, 2013

Jesus Saves

Jesus Saves
 
 
JJust as I was, my Lord died for me; (1)
EEven though I was shackled, now I am free. (2)
SSin was my nature, I had no love for God; (3)
UUnrepentant I ran down a path very broad. (4)
SSevere is God’s judgment poured out against sin; (5)
SStill shame and regret showed my conscience within. (6)
AAnd just when it seemed that my life was a waste; (7)
VVictory came when my sin He erased. (8)
EEverything’s different 'cause He rose from the grave; (9)
SSo before God I now bow, no longer sin’s dirty slave. (10)
  • (1) Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (1 John 4:10)
  • (2) John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (Romans 8:2)
  • (3) Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (James 4:4)
  • (4) Matthew 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
  • (5) Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, (Ephesians 5:6)
  • (6) Romans 2:15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
  • (7) Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (2 Timothy 3:2-5)
  • (8) 2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (1 Peter 2:24-25)
  • (9) Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Hebrews 13:20-21)
  • (10) Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? (John 8:34)
Prayer

Father in Heaven, I pray that the truth of Your Word will touch and convert many who are lost. I was blind to Your love. I turned my back on Your truth. I closed my ears to Your call. I lived a life worthy of damnation. Yet in Your grace and mercy, You saw fit to snatch me from the very gates of hell. Please father, use this devotion to draw others to Yourself. It is Your Word that brings freedom and eternal life. I love You and praise You in the name of Christ my savior, Amen.