Saturday, October 5, 2013

His Pleasure, His Glory

His Pleasure, His Glory
 
Hebrews 13:20-21 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen
 
Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
 
Question: How hard are you working to try to please God?
 
Read the verses above again and pray that God will release you from the delusion that in your own strength you can work to please Him.
 
It is through the blood of the everlasting covenant that God works in us, through Christ, to sanctify and empower us. It is by His finished work on the cross and His perfect love for us, that when we surrender to Him, He gives us the desire and the ability to shine as lights in this dark world to bring Him glory. 
  • If you are humble, He gives you the desire and ability to be humble!
  • If you are obedient, it is because of Him!
  • If you are submissive, thank Him!
  • If you trust Him, praise His holy name!
1 Corinthians 12:4-7 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
 
Is God tugging at your heart and saying, ‘I have a plan. I have done the work. Trust and obey. Find rest in Me!’
  • Please God by trusting in His power, not yours!
  • Get over yourself and give it all over to Him!
  • If you think you have done something amazing for God in your own strength, or wisdom, or endurance, or commitment, how is God glorified in that?
1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
 
John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
 
I wrote this for me. I pray it blesses you!
 
Prayer
 
When will I really live all that I believe? When will I trust completely in You instead of myself? When Father, when will I realize and admit that I can do nothing for Your glory without You? Forgive me for thinking I deserve some kind of praise, or perhaps a Godly pat on the back. Forgive me when I anticipate and desire the praise of others for something You have accomplished through me. Help me to find peace and to stop struggling to please You. I give myself over to You to use as You see fit. May Your perfect will be fulfilled in my life. Help me to pray without fear, ‘I Surrender All’. So be it, by the blood of the Lamb, in whose name I pray.