Sunday, September 23, 2018

Not Sure What to Call this Devotion

Not Sure What to Call this Devotion


Perhaps I should call it ‘Bad Attitude’, or ‘Worn Out’, or ‘Need a Break’, or ‘Who Cares’, or…

Do you ever have one of those days when you wrestle with one or more of the following (or similar) questions regarding the things Jesus has gifted and called you to do?
  • No Commitment – ‘Why do I want to give up?’
  • No Joy – ‘Why am I so frustrated?’
  • No Passion – ‘Why am I procrastinating?’
  • No Time – ‘Why is this taking so long?’
  • No Satisfaction – ‘Why is this so hard?
  • No Results – ‘Why am I even doing this?

I do. And honestly, I am having one of those days today. Yet here I am, refusing to walk away from what, at this particular moment, feels more like an obligation than a privilege.

Actually, right now, I am realizing that everything above is a prayer to my Lord and Savior. A desperate plea for His intervention in my self-absorbed and pitiful pity party.

And as I type away, He is speaking to me:
  • Lay all that down.
  • Trust me.
  • I love you.
  • You matter.
  • This matters.
  • Praise me.

Jesus, I praise You. You are worthy of so much more than what I have to give, yet I give it all to You. Thank You for dying for me. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for being kind and patient. Thank You for Your perfect love. I trust You. I love You. I am Yours. Use me as You see fit. May I bring glory and honor to You.
  • 1 Peter 1:6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

All who serve Him

Stay Focused on Him
Walk with Him
Pray to Him
Praise Him
Trust Him
Love Him
Obey Him