Saturday, September 5, 2015

The New Me

The New Me


Born again. I am not sure if that means anything to you; but it means everything to me. Jesus saved me from the spiritual death I deserved and gave me the undeserved gift of eternal life. I was bound for hell and didn’t know/didn’t care. Now I have the assurance of eternity in Heaven. 

I didn’t really believe in God (especially the God of the Bible). Not long before I surrendered my life to Christ, I met the woman I would eventually marry and she invited me to church. She was amazing and church was fine. But I often recall that during that time, I told a good friend, ‘I don’t want anybody trying to change me.’
  • 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

When you are born again, you are changed! I certainly don’t dwell on how my life was before Christ, but it blesses my soul when I think about how different my life is now. Of course I still struggle with the weakness of my flesh just like every other Christian (whether they realize/admit it or not). But praise God I struggle less and less with my sin nature as He continues to change me from the inside out.

- I came to know Father God through Jesus because He is the only Way to God
- I trusted in Jesus because He is the absolute Truth
- I have eternal life through Jesus because He, as the Life, overcame death when He rose from the grave
  • John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus, here is a list of some of the things I love about my life since I came to know you as my personal Savior:

I praise You because You are Worthy of praise
  • Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!

I love You because You first loved me
  • 1 John 4:19 We love Him because He first loved us.

I worship You because that is the response of my soul to who You are
  • Psalm 95:6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

I need You because all good things come from You
  • James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

I follow You because You are the light in the darkness
  • John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

I pray to You because You told me to and taught me how
  • Luke 18:1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,
  • Matthew 6:9-13 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. 10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. 13 And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

I obey You because I love You
  • John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.

I confess my sins to You because You are faithful to forgive
  • 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I tell others about You because You empowered me to do so
  • Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

I read Your Word because through it came the faith to believe in You
  • Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I study Your Word because it helps me to live a life that honors You
  • Psalm 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.

I long for You because You are the only thing that satisfies my soul
  • Psalm 42:1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.

I seek You because there is nothing more worthy and satisfying than being in a close relationship with You
  • Jeremiah 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
  • Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.


The New Me
Becoming in daily life who I am already am before God!!


By the way, my wife is more amazing than ever and being part of Christ’s body, the church, defines and fulfills me.


Prayer

Gracious loving Father, thank You for saving me and indwelling me with Your Holy Spirit. I am a new creation!! I praise You and love You for drawing me to Christ and bringing me into Your family. Thank you for my new life. Thank You for eternal life. Thank You for paying my sin debt and making things right between me and You. I pray in the name above all names, Jesus. Amen.