Saturday, March 8, 2014

No Need for Greed

No Need for Greed
 
 
Are you striving for things you don’t have? Is there a hunger inside you that’s never satisfied? Perhaps you are searching in the wrong place! God tells us that to be content with a godly life is a great achievement.
  • 1 Timothy 6:6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
 
The Bible teaches that God supplies all we need through Jesus. We can’t satisfy ourselves. True fulfillment only comes from a close personal relationship with the living God of the universe, Jesus Christ!
  • Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
  • Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
  • 2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
  • Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
  • Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”
 
Our first priority is to seek after God; He promises to take care of us. Trust Him in prayer, tell Him about your needs and desires, and then enjoy the peace that comes from leaving the outcome up to Him. Stand confidently in His faithfulness.
  • Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
  • Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 
One of the ways we bring honor to God is to be satisfied with whatever we have.
  • Philippians 4:11-12 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
 
There is No Need for Greed. Feed on His Word. Be clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Abide in His presence and protection.
 
 
Prayer
 
 
Father, the indwelling presence of Jesus Christ has brought new life and complete satisfaction to my spirit. Yet in the weakness of my flesh I still experience desires for more, better or different than I already have. Only by making You my top priority, growing in Your grace, learning Your Holy Word, trusting Your goodness and sufficiency, and truly surrendering myself to Your will, can I experience the peace You repeatedly promise. In my weakness, may Your strength flourish. In the name of Jesus Christ, the Living God, I pray, Amen.