Thursday, October 22, 2009

TITLE: MAY MY LIFE BE A PRAYER


INTRODUCTION

Not long after I became a Christian, I heard my Pastor say, “You preach a sermon every day by the way you live your life.” This simple statement radically changed the way I viewed my place in the world as a Christian. I am a walking, talking testimony of what the love of Christ can do in a person’s life.

So, if my life looks no different than before I was saved, what does that say about Christ living in my heart? If I continue to have a foul mouth and bad temper, would others see a reflection of Christ in me? Don’t get me wrong, it’s not about appearances. But if your heart is changed, your life will change. And if you accept Christ as your Savior, your heart will be forever changed!

The more I seek after God and submit myself to His Will for my life, the more clearly I understand the ongoing transformation that happens in the life of a Christian. It is called a walk, because we should never stand still; and as we move closer to Christ, we become more like Him. His light will shine through us. We become humble servants. We commune with God just as we breathe, continually, without thought or effort.

Our lives pass so quickly. Yet there is joy and hope in knowing our eternal destination. That is, if our names are in the Lamb’s Book of Life.


SCRIPTURE

Focus Verse: Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Additional Verses: James 2:18, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17, Matthew 7:7, James 4:14,
Revelation 20:15


DISCUSSION

May my life be a prayer,
That started with Your grace.
And faith that comes from knowing,
Your Son died in my place.

May my life be a prayer,
Where Your light shines through me.
That men may see my good works,
My faith by works they’ll see.

May my life be a prayer,
As Your love fills my heart.
Teach me to love all others,
Show me where I should start.

May my life be a prayer,
Where I serve as You did.
As other’s pain I comfort,
Grow selfless as you bid.

May my life be a prayer,
I’ll read Your Word each day.
So I will know You better,
And in Your will I’ll stay.

May my life be a prayer,
I ask and I receive.
For diligently I seek You,
So others may believe.

May my life be a prayer,
Rejoicing evermore.
As I pray without ceasing,
You open every door.

May my life be a prayer,
So I become like You.
The Holy Spirit guides me,
In all I say and do.

May my life be a prayer,
It’s nothing but a mist.
That ends with me in Heaven,
Thankful I’m on Your list.


PRAYER

Holy Father, You have changed me from the inside out. You started with my heart and have worked Your way into every aspect of my life. And though the battle rages; my flesh against my new spirit, Satan tempting me to stumble, and the world enticing me, I am Yours. As Your love strengthens me, I beg You, may my life be a prayer that rises as a sweet odor to Your throne in Heaven. May others see You in me. And may I have the honor of being used by You to help bring others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. In the name of my precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.